Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Day 117

Happy Wonderful Wednesday,  
Morning Message: From Miss. Gandy and her friend 
https://youtu.be/t0dZYCDGxkA 
I hope everyone had a wonderful day of learning yesterday! I am continuing to see amazing work posted on Seesaw and sent to my email!  It was so lovely to see everyone’s smiling faces yesterday on Zoom. We had a wonderful catch-up and shared things we did over the March Break. We also talked about some of the work we have being working on and shared some of our examples!

Activities and Expectations for Monday, March 23rd
Gym: Hello everyone! 

Today Ms. V has something very special for you to do for PE! I have created my very own workout video on YouTube for all of you to follow along with. Make sure you have your water bottle, maybe a yoga mat or blanket to kneel on for certain exercises. You can repeat this workout as many times as you'd like, but make sure you drink lots of water to replenish your body! 

We will be working on our cardio, leg muscles, arm muscles and our core (tummy) muscles. 
Are you ready!?!? 

Click on the link:https://youtu.be/jaGPih5WR0M

French: Students will review the spring vocabulary in my previous video.
They will complete the following activity:
Sur une feuille de papier, écris TROIS choses pour compléter chaque phrase.
On a line piece of paper, write THREE things to complete each sentence.
So 3 things that you see, 3 things that you smell and 3 things that you hear during spring "Le printemps".
Je vois… (I see...)
Je sens… (I smell...)
J’entends… (I hear...)
After completing the activity, student can watch and learn a new French song about Spring (“Le Printemps par Matt Maxwell”): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKKWNJ8qsss

Math: Learning Goals: For children to solve an addition problem using column addition and place value mats. 
Success Criteria
1. I can recognize place value columns
2. I can put the ones and tens in the accurate frame
3. I can solve an addition story problem
~Explanation: 
Today we will continue working on solving addition problems using place value mats and column addition. You are working through two pages of math today.
Page 163: You will to read through the schoolyard problem and use the place value mat to solve the problem. Then you will use column addition to check your answer. Then at the bottom of the page you will simply answer the double-digit questions. Bonus question: come up with your own addition story word problem and use the place value mat to solve it! 

Page 164: Students will solve the addition column questions using a place value mat. Please see my lesson link where I will show an example. Then once you have completed answering those questions you will be asked to solve double-digit addition questions in different ways using pictures, numbers or words. 
Please see my lesson link below 

~Resources: Math page 163 &164 and place value sheets 

~ Miss. Gandy’s lesson link:
 Part One https://youtu.be/M_PfhLvcEH4
Part Two https://youtu.be/Ee6kKrNXbRk

Language: Learning Goals: For students to create and write detailed spelling sentences for the weekly spelling words. 
Success Criteria
1. I can understand the meaning of every spelling word 
2.  I can use the spelling words to create my own sentences
3.  I can independently create detailed sentences using the correct sentence structure and punctuation, such as capitals and periods.  
~Explanation: 
You will use your words of the week and create detailed sentences. These can be either done in your spelling sentences book or on a piece of paper. If you normally write your sentences in cursive please make sure you continue to do this. If you normally write in printing and feeling like a risk-taker try to do a few sentences in cursive. Now this should take you some time because I am asking for very detailed sentences. Please try to use the 4 W’s (Where, When, What and Why), nouns, adjectives and verbs to help add detail to your sentences.

Once you are finished there is going to be a quiet time session 
Quiet Time Session: RAZ KIDS session for 30 minutes answering comprehension questions and quizzes. 

Optional Extra Language: 
Learning Goals: For students to write a journal about their favourite day of the March break.  
Success Criteria
1. I can include a date, introduction sentence, sentence starters, periods and capitals 
2. I can brainstorm and organize my ideas
3. I can independently write my journal entry
Instructions:
You will pick one of your favourite days of the March break and retell me what you did on that day. You will use the correct components you have learned such as….
1.    Date
2.    Introduction sentence 
3.    First, Then, Next, Also Lastly 
4.    Closing sentence
5.    Periods, capitals 
Reminder – DETAILED sentences
Example…
Over the March Break I had fun on a certain day and this is what I did
(Use sentence starters to continue your journal)
First
Next
Then
Lastly 
(Conclusion sentence)

~Resources: Spelling sentences book or piece of paper and list of spelling words on the side of my blog, journal on a piece of paper. 

~ Miss. Gandy’s lesson link: 
Part Onehttps://youtu.be/kgdhVDKZd-Y
Part Two https://youtu.be/-KEQ75wv_PI

Unit of Inquiry: Learning Goals: For students to learn the technique of dot art by painting in small distinct dots to create an image.  
Success Criteria
1. I can explain what dot art is 
2. I can use the given materials appropriately 
3. I can create an image using small dots of paint 

~Explanation: 
Today we are going to learn about a new form of art called dot art. Please watch YouTube video explaining dot art. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXxuOF0qMss
You are going to choose whatever template you want to fill in. Then with a Q-tip you will dip one end into the paint. You will begin to fill the template using small distinct dots. Do not dip your Q-Tip into too much paint as your dots will smudge and not be as clear. When you dabbing the dots make sure they are close together as we don’t want to see big spaces of white within the template.  
Please see lesson link below 

~Resources: Pick one dot art template, Q-Tips, Paint

~ Miss. Gandy’s lesson link: https://youtu.be/dlp4aFAM5_A

No comments:

Post a Comment